Point of Find
The Point of Find course gets students to consider the following areas when managing a Missing Person:
• Scene and resource (team and equipment) management
• Physical health and care – first aid
• Mental health & care –psycho-social support
• Communication with a Missing Person
• Handover - passing a Missing Person onto the most appropriate organisation or agency e.g. Ambulance or Police for their ongoing care and support.
• Supporting team members during and after a search.
• To build team members confidence when approaching and managing a Missing Person at the point of find.
• To enable team members to build a trusting relationship with a Missing Person.
• To increase a team member’s skill set in assessing and supporting a Missing Person with physical and / or psychological injury.
• To help team members increase their awareness of and ability to manage their own emotional needs.
Prerequisite for Students
To attend the Point of Find course students must have completed the following training:
1. UK Lowland Search Technician – or equivalent from another organisation
2. Basic Life Support – either through Lowland Rescue or another course covering the ERC Guidelines for BLS
It would be ideal but not required for students to have completed a mental health first aid course or similar psychosocial course from another organisation such as MHFA England, British Red Cross, MIND or the Samaritans. This is not a pre-requisite but students should be encouraged to explore this training further on return to their units.
| Course Name COURSE NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE |