Point of Find
The Point of Find course gets students to consider the following areas when managing a MISPER:
• Scene and resource (team and equipment) management
• Physical health and care – first aid
• Mental health & care –psychosocial support
• Communication with a MISPER
• Handover - passing a MISPER onto the most appropriate organisation or agency e.g. Ambulance or Police for their ongoing care and support.
• Supporting team members during and after a search.
• To build team members confidence when approaching and managing a MISPER at the point of find.
• To enable team members to build a trusting relationship with a MISPER.
• To increase a team member’s skill set in assessing and supporting a MISPER with physical and / or psychological injury.
• To help team members increase their awareness of and ability to manage their own emotional needs.
Pre-requisite for Students
To attend the Point of Find course students must have completed the following training:
1. UK Lowland Search Technician – or equivalent from another organisation
2. Basic Life Support – either through Lowland Rescue or another course covering the ERC Guidelines for BLS
It would be ideal but not required for students to have completed a mental health first aid course or similar psychosocial course from another organisation such as MHFA England, British Red Cross, MIND or the Samaritans. This is not a pre-requisite but students should be encouraged to explore this training further on return to their units.
| Course Name|| Start Time|| Finish Time|
| Point of Find|| Friday 19.00hrs|| Sunday 16.00hrs|